CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Lionel's Jumper Bought Me This Computer

My life is where it is, for better or for worse, because of Lionel Simmons' jump shot.

When I was a teenager, I went to see Tate George and the UConn Huskies play an early tourney game at the Hartford Civic Center. The game before that, I watched a great team play a great game against Clemson. That team was the La Salle Explorers.

When I got a mailing from La Salle a few years later I thought, "Oh, I know La Salle. If the L Train went there it can't be all bad."

Admissions to Brother Gerry to application to St Francis to Letterman to graduation to newspaper to New York City where I get paid to watch sports and think of things. Not a bad gig.

This all started at the tournament. As you might have heard the tournament just started and the La Salle Explorers aren't in it. This makes me mad and sad.

That's where Lionel's Den comes in. We'll chronicle all things La Salle basketball and we won't stop until somebody in the blue and gold is in the One Shining Moment piece.




PS - And oh yeah, there will also be posts about lions.

0 comments: